Jump To Navigation
We care about you. We care about your family. We care about your case.

Reclaim Your Right to Enjoy Life.

Serious Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Trial Lawyers in Louisville, Kentucky

Accidents cause crisis in people's lives.
Let the trial lawyers of Howland & Smith, P.S.C. help reclaim your life.

80 to 90 percent of personal injury cases are settled through negotiations with insurance companies. The other 10 percent of the time - when you can't get a fair settlement - you need a trial lawyer.

You need an experienced attorney who is in no way reluctant to go to court. You need someone with experience in court and in front of juries.

Bixler W. Howland is a trial lawyer. He has spent a substantial portion of his almost 40 years in practice fighting for injury victims and their families in court. He is not afraid to go to trial.

At the law office of Howland and Smith, P.S.C., we provide aggressive courtroom advocacy and ethical, protective legal representation in personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death cases to people throughout Kentucky and southwestern Indiana.

Many of our clients are working people who are worried about making ends meet. Others are the surviving family members of fatal accident victims, facing devastating financial losses as well as loss of companionship.

People who are the foundation of our country's economy should not be abandoned after accidents. You deserve to have an experienced trial lawyer to protect your right to fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages and loss of consortium.

Call us at 502-657-7137.


Get legal help from a lawyer who will respect you and your family

The last thing any accident victim needs is to worry about being taken advantage of by the lawyer hired to represent their interests. At Howland and Smith, P.S.C., we find such behavior unconscionable. Our goal is to act with the highest level of ethical integrity at all times.

We regularly receive referrals, cards and notes from former clients who keep in touch with us - even many years after the accident. Hundreds of families have trusted us to secure financial compensation after an injury or fatal accident. Your family can trust us too.

In 2009 and every year since, attorney Bixler W. Howland was named in the Kentucky Super Lawyers section in Kentucky Monthly magazine.

Helping you secure compensation and reclaim your right to enjoy life

After a serious personal injury or a fatal accident, families face tough questions.

  • How can I go on after losing my spouse?
  • How will we pay the bills?
  • What about paying for college?
  • I'm an illegal immigrant with family back home, now what can I do?
  • Working construction is all I've ever done. How will I earn a living now?
  • My co-worker was hurt badly due to a pinch point and now they've assigned me that same spot on the line. Will I be next?

We take your concerns seriously. We are here to counsel you through every step involved in recovering from a major accident - not just to negotiate with the insurance companies.

Your life is not over after a loss, although it may be drastically changed. It is crucial to find a way to accept life the way it is now. The money from a settlement or jury verdict can help you make that transition.

For a free consultation, call us at 502-657-7137 or send an email. It may be the best next step you ever take.